The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers and critics to come together

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Wise Words
When you are describing,

A shape, or sound, or tint;

Don't state the matter plainly,

But put it in a hint;

And learn to look at all things,

With a sort of mental squint.

~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)
Top posters
Kris
Favorite Nonfiction? I_vote_lcapFavorite Nonfiction? I_voting_barFavorite Nonfiction? I_vote_rcap 
Stainqueen
Favorite Nonfiction? I_vote_lcapFavorite Nonfiction? I_voting_barFavorite Nonfiction? I_vote_rcap 
Shiny Star
Naomi
Rin
Midori
Jay
mangagirl
Darkjam
EmperorZar
Poll

Favorite Nonfiction?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kris
Admin
Kris

Favorite Nonfiction? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Anyone read nonfiction? My favorite as a child was the biography of Misty of Chincoteague. I kep checking it out over and over again from my school library =D

I have lots of random nonfiction book in my house that I get at Half Price Books from Ancient Egypt to the Celts to Witches to Samurai to Ninja to Native Americans..... Yep, I can be random.
Back to top Go down
http://writerscircle.niceboards.net
Naomi
Reader
Naomi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:47 pm

if Kishimoto gets a biography published I'll read it xD
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 pm

My favorite when I was in 3rd grade was the biography on Queen Elizabeth I. I was fascinated by her father King Henry VIII and the struggles she faced with a bi-polar father and growing up at court (even though she mostly lived out on the countryside)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com
Kris
Admin
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:26 am

That's interesting. Could you tell us more about her?
Back to top Go down
Naomi
Reader
Naomi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Well considering half of my extended essay was over her, sure! Elizabeth I had two half siblings, Mary, who later became Bloody Mary, and Edward who died as King of England when he was only 16 years old. Directly after Edward, their cousin, Lady Jane Grey took the throne because Edward's "Protector" or his regent persuaded the sickly Edward to change the order of succession shortly before he died. The Englishmen who were loyal to Mary created a rebellion to place Mary on the throne and after 9 days they succeeded and Lady Jane was executed. Mary then began persecuting the Protestants and she married King Phillip of Spain (England's long-time rival). There were several rebellions to try and replace Mary with Elizabeth, but they failed and Elizabeth was sent to the tower of London and then far out into the country under house arrest. Mary died childless and Elizabeth took the throne around the age of 25.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com
Kris
Admin
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks! That's really interesting. I never knew this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Nonfiction?   Favorite Nonfiction? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Nonfiction?
Page 1 of 1