The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers and critics to come together

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Wise Words
When you are describing,

A shape, or sound, or tint;

Don't state the matter plainly,

But put it in a hint;

And learn to look at all things,

With a sort of mental squint.

~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)
Top posters
Kris
The Lorax - review I_vote_lcapThe Lorax - review I_voting_barThe Lorax - review I_vote_rcap 
Stainqueen
The Lorax - review I_vote_lcapThe Lorax - review I_voting_barThe Lorax - review I_vote_rcap 
Shiny Star
Naomi
Rin
Midori
Jay
mangagirl
Darkjam
EmperorZar
Poll

The Lorax - review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

The Lorax - review Empty
PostSubject: The Lorax - review   The Lorax - review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 pm

In the film based on Doctor Seuss' "The Lorax," we follow a young boy named Ted who goes on an adventure to find the Once-Ler who can tell him about the trees (for a girl, of course). I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the movie; however, I did notice that this film was overly critical of corporations, depicting not one, but two greedy, controlling companies. Its in a company's nature to be greedy, that is why it is called Capitalism and not Communism. And of course a company won't be happy if someone finds something else that will make what they do obsolete, its common sense, you have to have a market for what you're trying to sell, otherwise your company will die. Furthermore, when the film makers went so far as say that the company owner completely controlled the town, spied on the town, and abused the town, I was almost outraged at the lunacy involved in that idea. I think its a shame that this was done to this wonderful story about the importance of sustainability. The reason everything went wrong in that valley wasn't because he was cutting down trees, but that he wasn't replanting them as quickly as he cut them down. In the end, I thought it was a good story, but for me the left-winded bias was a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com

The Lorax - review
Page 1 of 1