The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers and critics to come together

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Wise Words
When you are describing,

A shape, or sound, or tint;

Don't state the matter plainly,

But put it in a hint;

And learn to look at all things,

With a sort of mental squint.

~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)
Top posters
Kris
Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_vote_lcapOoh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_voting_barOoh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_vote_rcap 
Stainqueen
Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_vote_lcapOoh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_voting_barOoh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_vote_rcap 
Shiny Star
Naomi
Rin
Midori
Jay
mangagirl
Darkjam
EmperorZar
Poll

Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!

Go down 
+2
Kris
Stainqueen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Hehehe, I shall be AWESOME and come up with the first contest. The winner of my contest will have bragging rights only. Sorry I can't give you a real prize. Ok the rules:

1. Each contestant must write a short story of at least 250 words.
2. The short story can be about anything you want so long as it's appropriate.
3. Any short stories over 2000 words will be disqualified.

I will judge based on:

1. Effective use of imagery.
2. Appropriate length
3. Convincing language (Effectiveness)
4. And if it comes down too it, I'll have a user vote.

Any entrants must submit their finished short stories by August 1st.

So there, you have your mission. Have Fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 pm

oh, I'll also mention who won under Accomplishments and Achievements.
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Oh, submissions can be sent through a private message or posted as a reply to this thread!
Back to top Go down
Kris
Admin
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

People can vote on the user's post on this thread for a prize.
Back to top Go down
http://writerscircle.niceboards.net
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

So far I've had no entries and with only about a month left to participate, I'm willing to allow an extension of a week or two. If everyone who sees this would please post a reply telling me if he or she would like more time to attempt this contest, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Back to top Go down
aurora
Reader

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Can we have an extension on the word limit. I have a great idea for it, I just need to be able to use more words.
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:30 pm

ok, but not more than 5,000!
Back to top Go down
aurora
Reader

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks! Very Happy Razz cyclops
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm

No problem!
Back to top Go down
Naomi
Reader
Naomi

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:21 pm

5000 is a lot o_o
Back to top Go down
Midori
Reader
Midori

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 am

I'm still having exams, so I think I can't write a story until the 1st August. >.<

Nevertheless, I wish good luck to all contestants and I look forward to read your stories! ;D
Back to top Go down
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Yeah, I know that 5,000 is a lot, but that's why its a maximum. And don't worry, I'll have another contest like this one again, later on.
Back to top Go down
Midori
Reader
Midori

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Awesome! ;D
Back to top Go down
Shiny Star
Reader
Shiny Star

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Midori wrote:
I'm still having exams, so I think I can't write a story until the 1st August. >.<

Nevertheless, I wish good luck to all contestants and I look forward to read your stories! ;D

Same here >.< lol

And good luck, everyone! =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!   Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ooh, I'm the first one to come up with a contest!!!!
Page 1 of 1