The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers and critics to come together

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Wise Words
When you are describing,

A shape, or sound, or tint;

Don't state the matter plainly,

But put it in a hint;

And learn to look at all things,

With a sort of mental squint.

~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)
Top posters
Kris
Consquences (Intro) I_vote_lcapConsquences (Intro) I_voting_barConsquences (Intro) I_vote_rcap 
Stainqueen
Consquences (Intro) I_vote_lcapConsquences (Intro) I_voting_barConsquences (Intro) I_vote_rcap 
Shiny Star
Naomi
Rin
Midori
Jay
mangagirl
Darkjam
EmperorZar
Poll

Consquences (Intro)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

Consquences (Intro) Empty
PostSubject: Consquences (Intro)   Consquences (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Here is the beginning of another book I've been working on for a while please tell me what you think of it! (Note: this is a sci-fi ish story) :

Ballet was my life. I wanted to grow up and be either a dancer or a famous actress as I'm sure many young girls decide when they are about the age of five, as I was. That dream pretty much ended when my sister quit ballet and my mother made me quit as well. I have often wondered how my life would be different if I had stayed in ballet and worked hard at it.
Within the past five years I have become fascinated with the concept of fourth dimensional travel or in other words, time travel, and I have researched and thought up many ways that this could work. One day when I had finally completed a prototype time machine, I needed something to test it out, so I went back in time to change my dropping out of ballet, something I thought would surely be harmless enough. But I was terribly wrong. Apparently ballet was an important event in my life. After the future me pulled strings and got my younger self to stay in ballet, I disappeared. Don't ask me to where I disappeared, because to this day I don't know. One second I was there in the church where I took ballet and the next, I was sitting in a pitch black room and a loud booming voice belted out, “Who are you, time traveler?”
“I'm Rose. Rose Summerton.”
“Do you realize what you have done?” the voice boomed.
“No” I replied quite plainly.
“You have altered the time line, you as you know you no longer exists because you changed the past.”
“Wait, what?”
“In other words you destroyed the person you once were and created a new you by altering the time line.”
“I didn't think that...”
“Yes, you didn't think about the consequences of fourth dimensional travel. For now I will return you back to your original time, and restore the time line, but you must destroy your research and never let the knowledge of the existence of time travel out.”
“But, why?”
“If everyone knew about time travel, everyone would want to time travel, there would be copy cats, and someone would steal your research and mass produce mini-time machines able to take anyone to any place in time, causing an irreparable amount of damage to the time line.”
“How do you know this?”
“Because, I am the guardian of time.”
“That doesn't answer my question, sir.”
Then the voice chuckled a little, “I guess that's something that you'll have to figure out for yourself, Rose.” And then in a flash I was back in my lab with a sticky note on my hand that read: “Don't Forget”, with a little arrow that pointed to my research when I looked at it sitting there in my hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com

Consquences (Intro)
Page 1 of 1