The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Please log in to join in the discussions
The Writer's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers and critics to come together

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Wise Words
When you are describing,

A shape, or sound, or tint;

Don't state the matter plainly,

But put it in a hint;

And learn to look at all things,

With a sort of mental squint.

~Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)
Top posters
Kris
The Circle of Lords Intro I_vote_lcapThe Circle of Lords Intro I_voting_barThe Circle of Lords Intro I_vote_rcap 
Stainqueen
The Circle of Lords Intro I_vote_lcapThe Circle of Lords Intro I_voting_barThe Circle of Lords Intro I_vote_rcap 
Shiny Star
Naomi
Rin
Midori
Jay
mangagirl
Darkjam
EmperorZar
Poll

The Circle of Lords Intro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stainqueen
Reader
Stainqueen

The Circle of Lords Intro Empty
PostSubject: The Circle of Lords Intro   The Circle of Lords Intro I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:02 pm

This is the introduction for a story I'm writing, please tell me what you think! :

Long, long ago, in the land of Redlox there lived a great, and powerful magician. This magician, who cared for his six children very much, created magical amulets to protect them. These amulets were made of emerald, ruby, sapphire, amber, and amethyst. However, these only add to five because the magician had forgotten to make an amulet for his youngest child, his only daughter. Some legends say that later on he created an even more powerful sixth amulet made of diamond for his daughter, but if one such exists, it has never been found.
There was once a prophecy that says a descendant of the Magician's daughter, who is also the youngest child, will find the diamond amulet and restore the greatness of Redlox. In the process, she will meet her soul mate, a protector who will help her restore Redlox to the way it was when the Magician lived, beautiful and harmonious.
The five known amulets have been passed down from father to oldest son for generations, and only those in possession of an amulet can sit at the sacred circle of Lords, the governing body of Redlox. If an eldest son doesn’t exist, that amulet is given to the next closest heir, as chosen by the council.
My father, Lord Brighton, is the current owner of the emerald amulet, and when my father chooses, the amulet will passed on to my older brother, Eric.
My name is Sophie Brighton, and ever since my mother died the day before my fifth birthday, I have been in the care of my two aunts, Lucey and Geanette. My fifth birthday was the day I came to live with them in Blue Ridge Valley, and this all changed ten years later, on my fifteenth birthday. The day my life would change forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ceciliaruthbentley.weebly.com

The Circle of Lords Intro
Page 1 of 1